Ward Trucking & Logistics has been in business for over 80 years. Through Ward Trucking, there is a reach of 186 million people across 25 states. Since 1931, the company has grown from a little known name with just 1 truck, to a company that helps serve over 10,000 customers each and every year.
There are many services that Ward Transport has been able to offer to their customers throughout the years. As the company has expanded, more and more services have been added to the company’s lineup to better meet the needs of their customers. Among the services that are offered are:
- LTL: A 500 truck fleet that delivers over 4,000 packages a day. The average record for on-time delivery seen is 97.6 percent and there are next day services offered for rush orders.
- Truckload: A branch open since 1982. Ward Truckload Express routinely services 100 customers in 5 different northeastern states, including: Delaware, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. The company has a 97.9 percent on-time delivery record.
- Brokerage: A complete solution for national and international shipments. Brokerage allows companies to offset shipping tasks directly to Ward for faster, more efficient shipping that is cost effective.
- Warehousing: Store item in the company’s warehouse for fast shipping through LTL orders. This allows for all areas served to maintain a 95 percent next day delivery rate within a 550 mile radius. The facilities are in Pennsylvania.
- Logistics: Offering a full supply chain management service. From setting up shipments, to housing items in a warehouse to choosing the right shipping type to meet customer demands, the logistics branch of Ward helps other businesses run and operate.
Ward is always innovating and adding services to better fit the needs of their customers. Short haul and Long haul deliveries are also offered on the company website. This is one of the trucking companies that train drivers to fill their CDL trucking job needs. This allows them to offer unique services to their lineup without sacrificing the delivery of goods.
The company is also very straightforward about the safety precautions they take when preparing shipments and maintain an accurate online statistics page in regards to their on-time statistics for LTL shipments.
Through a partnership services, Ward is able to offer LTL services to 25 states. This is done through the following:
- Direct service to 12 states
- Extended service to an additional 18 states
Ward operates terminals in 21 locations so that customers are able to be within just a few hours’ drive of a Ward terminal. These terminals exist in the company’s 12-state direct service region and include the following states:
- New York
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Currently, Ward Trucking only offers truckload services in the following 5 states:
- New York
- New Jersey
Logistics facilities operate directly from central Pennsylvania and spread to many of the nearby states. Contacting the company themselves will be required to ensure that warehouse facilities are available in your area.
Training is done in a rather unique way through Ward. For those looking for CDL trucking jobs but don’t have experience, Ward is able to help. Anyone that wants to become a driver without a current CDL will be able to work for the company starting out on the dock.
Anyone working on the dock will learn the ropes and how the company operates. As a person progresses, they will learn how to drive a standard straight truck that does not require a CDL. Eventually, the person will expand their horizons and be able to follow a linear path to licensing starting with the following:
- Non-CDL Truck
- CDL B
- CDL A
This is a program that has been in place for over 15 years and is the reason the company is always able to keep a steady staff that is well trained and ready to ensure packages are delivered on time. Once licensed, an average truck driver salary (Ward Trucking Salary info) will be given with the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Paid holidays
- Up to 5 weeks of vacation
There are also allowances for uniforms and laundry for drivers. Ward Trucking also offers a slew of other benefits that will vary depending on years of service and the position that a person maintains.
Currently available positions are available on the company website and waiting to be filled. The online portal offered by Ward Trucking includes tools for helping customers setup and track their shipments. The online tools offered will also provide an accurate estimate on the cost of shipping for a customer’s desired package based on shipping type, weight and overall dimensions of the package.